Optima Joystick and Trackball are compact, desktop mouse alternatives that do not require fine motor skills and are suitable for a wide spectrum of computer users.
They are specifically designed to respond to the lightest touch to give accurate cursor navigation and precise targeting of objects on the computer screen while occupying the minimum amount of desk space.
a low profile, providing a natural hand rest for comfortable operation, and will work with USB and PS/2 compatible computers of all types. As with all of Pretorian’s mouse alternatives, no drivers need be loaded onto the computer.
There are four speed settings and the centre button gives the user access to a ‘drag’ feature, allowing the left click to be engaged for an extended period, for example when moving an icon on screen. Additionally, the unit is switch adapted via two 3.5mm sockets, giving the same switch functions as the red and yellow buttons.
180 x 102 x 112mm high (joystick)
Palm rest height approx 35mm.
Three knobs are supplied with the Joystick for added flexibility:
- Acorn knob for general purpose use
- T-Bar knob for users who need to grip the stick
- Large diameter foam ball for users who need to push the stick to achieve cursor movement. Also allows the stick to be moved by wrist or forearm, for example.
- Robust Construction and Ergonomic Design.
- Light touch joystick movement (0.5 Newtons).
- Precise tracking and cursor control.
- Four Cursor speed settings (With Audible Alert).
- Double click option
- Left handed button option
- Buzzer may be turned off if not required
- Low profile providing a natural hand rest for comfortable operation.
- Left/Right and Drag Lock buttons.
- Colour coded buttons mounted sub-flush to prevent accidental activation.
- Sockets to operate Left/Right click buttons from remote switches.
- Easy ‘plug and play’ installation.
- Does not require driver software – ideal for contract managed computer systems
- Auto detecting PS2 and USB protocols.